Silicone Rubber ProductsSilicone Rubbers were first used commercially in 1943, where their unique thermal and electrical properties found use in high temperature insulation in electric motors.
Today, Silicone Rubbers (or Polysiloxanes to give them their correct name) have been developed into a highly diversified range of applications.
• Properties unaffected to 200°C +
• Some grades usable up to 300°C
• Flexible down to -50°C
• Good electrical insulating properties
• UV / Environmental resistance
• Excellent mechanical strength
• Wide Chemical compatibility
• Low taint for food use
• Can be repeatedly autoclaved
• Unlimited shelf life
• Does not support microbiological growth